Wow it is so quiet here!

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Antworten
hawthorne
Herzlich Willkommen

Re: Wow it is so quiet here!

Beitrag von hawthorne »

Asphodel hat geschrieben:Hello Jenny!!! :daumenhoch:
Thistle hat geschrieben:Oh, almost forgot: Hi Jenny!
You've found some more people since I last posted! I'm not in Germany at all, I did school gcse german, but I came over to sut stalking girasol love :) Happy to keep you company though. The wonders of google translate make me lazy with German I have to admit. :oops:
Asphodel
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von Asphodel »

coccolone hat geschrieben:
Anja_UK hat geschrieben: It was OK actually. Our house wasn't ready straightaway so we were staying with my parents for a few weeks, which felt just like a holiday in Germany. Except at the end of it we moved in to our new home in Germany instead of flying back to the UK. We've all adapted to life here very quickly and enjoy living here. I often do miss London and especially my friends there but being close to family and old friends again is great too.
Anja_UK hat geschrieben: I do agree that a lot of English speaking people struggle learning another language - I do think it is difficult was most of them seem to grow up under the pretext the whole wide world speaks English and there is no point in us learning another language. It is what I struggle to teach the kids in school and make them understand that even a little goes a long way :roll: My dh did two years of night school here but to no avail - although he says that German is easier than French.

Funny enough I am not originally English speaking. I guess I am just lazy like that. :roll: :mrgreen: Living away from home for some years now, I find it harder and harder to get acclimatized when visiting. I guess I start feeling Germany more as a home now, hence finding the desire to learn the language :)
Bild
Bild
Asphodel
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von Asphodel »

Wow i didn't realize you cannot edit posts here? Sorry for wrong quote in my previous post!
Bild
Bild
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

Where are you from then Asphodel and what's your mother tongue?
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
Asphodel
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von Asphodel »

Greek! :) Well partially but it is a long story...

In any case I think I will also try my bad German here on the forum. There are so interesting topics and I do understand a lot!
Bild
Bild
Misse
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von Misse »

Hi!

My first post here! :D

Name is Marie. I live in the UK with my husband and three daughters, Martha (6), Nora (2) and Tilda (4 months).

We are from Denmark and have lived in the UK for 3,5 years due to work.

In august we will be moving back to Denmark to stay.

I do know a bit German from school, so I might try to engage otherwise here in SuT.

I use Naturalmamas a lot and "Slyngebarn" - the Danish baby wearing forum.

I am a midwife but have not worked while living in the UK. I am looking forward to going back to work when we move to Denmark, but also wonder how I will then find the time to look for new slings, LOL :D
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

@Asphodel: If you ever feel like telling your long story, I'm sure you'll find an interested audience here. ;)

@Misse: Hello and welcome! Whereabouts in the UK do you live? I can imagine that you look forward to returning to work. All the best for your move back home.
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
Anja_UK
schreibt ganz schön oft

Beitrag von Anja_UK »

Hi Misse - another NM here :wink:
Bild Bild
Asphodel
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von Asphodel »

Hello Marie!!! So nice to see you here! Ahhh I miss the "hug" smilie!

You have 3 daughters! Which is my dream since childhood. I've always wanted to have three daughters!
Bild
Bild
Misse
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von Misse »

coccolone hat geschrieben:
@Misse: Hello and welcome! Whereabouts in the UK do you live? I can imagine that you look forward to returning to work. All the best for your move back home.
We live in Broadstairs in Kent. Thanks!! :D
Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“