Who else lives not in Germany?

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Antworten
malakira
gut eingelebt

Re: Who else lives not in Germany?

Beitrag von malakira »

Hi,
I have been living in Reykjavík several years but I like it much better here up north. Sure, sometimes I would like to go to another restaurant/theater/cinema or shop. But we have this ok restaurant, a pretty good hobby-theater group, a tiny cinema and shops where I can get the everyday life stuff we need as well as some more. There is a swimming-pool, football and basketball and schools and a "hospital" (after they made cuts it is more like a health center).

But I feel more free here. Less stress more nature and more time. It takes 5 Minutes to get to work or shopping or the swimming pool by car or by bike. And we have a beach, mountains, a park, natural hot pot... in Reykjavik there is a wider range of leisure time activities and such but I do not miss it. Actually since we moved north we have been more often in theater in Reykjavik then when we lived there. We just never took the time for it.

malakira
Bild
moosmutzel
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von moosmutzel »

Hey, I am new here. I live in a small town in Southwest Kansas. I am in the States since 2003. We just had out first little guy in November. My husband is a teacher and I am trying to finish a Dissertation and Substitute teach - oh how much I wished I could stay home with the baby. We were sick last week and my sitter was out of town and I really really enjoyed the time with the baby.

We cloth diaper, extend breast feed (at least that's what I am planning), will make our own baby food and babywear - and no I don't consider myself crunchy at all.

I speak mostly German with the boy and DH speaks English - his German is not the best.

We may come back to Germany one day, I wouldn't mind and DH is not opposed to it either. Even so I would prefere to go to Scotland or somewhere else on the British Isles.

For right now I am looking forward for two month of Germany this sommer. My family wants to see the baby (only my mom and my step dad saw him yet) and it is a while since we've been back.
Bild
Dypvannsfisk
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von Dypvannsfisk »

I don't live in Germany - yet. Were moving to Berlin in August, but I'm norwegian, and so is my son. I've lived in Norway all my life, and can't wait to get to know a "new" culture. My boyfriend is half german, half norwegian, but we'll be moving back to Norway next summer.
'Dypvannsfisk' mit 'den vilda bebin' (09/09)
MamaIndia
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von MamaIndia »

We live in Calcutta, India. Anybody else here from that corner?
LIFE IS CHANGE
Mama von Äffchen (05/11)
marscygale
ist nicht mehr wegzudenken

Beitrag von marscygale »

MamaIndia hat geschrieben:We live in Calcutta, India. Anybody else here from that corner?
wow, greetings from France to Calcutta :wink:
Grüsse
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinder achten mehr darauf, was die Eltern tun als was sie sagen. :D
Ulli and the tiger 27.10.06 und dem Vögelchen 03.06.2011.
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

MamaIndia hat geschrieben:We live in Calcutta, India. Anybody else here from that corner?
Hello and welcome! :D

How long have you lived in India?
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
MamaIndia
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von MamaIndia »

My husband is Indian and grew here in Calcutta. I moved here from Germany 2 years back. Well, I went to Germany for my sons birth, as I wanted to be with my family for my first birth. So I just came back from 5 months in Germany. Feels good to be back in our home. My son seems to feel good here as well. Only the heat is bothering him a little (I used to wear him a lot, but it´s too hot here). Waiting for winter to come. :)
LIFE IS CHANGE
Mama von Äffchen (05/11)
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

Sounds great! :D

Where did you guys meet? Sorry for being nosey. ;)
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
MotherBhaer
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von MotherBhaer »

moosmutzel hat geschrieben:Hey, I am new here. I live in a small town in Southwest Kansas. I am in the States since 2003. We just had out first little guy in November. My husband is a teacher and I am trying to finish a Dissertation and Substitute teach - oh how much I wished I could stay home with the baby. We were sick last week and my sitter was out of town and I really really enjoyed the time with the baby.

We cloth diaper, extend breast feed (at least that's what I am planning), will make our own baby food and babywear - and no I don't consider myself crunchy at all.

I speak mostly German with the boy and DH speaks English - his German is not the best.

We may come back to Germany one day, I wouldn't mind and DH is not opposed to it either. Even so I would prefere to go to Scotland or somewhere else on the British Isles.

For right now I am looking forward for two month of Germany this sommer. My family wants to see the baby (only my mom and my step dad saw him yet) and it is a while since we've been back.
Hello from central Kansas! :) I'm from Kansas originally (just joined SuT to work on my German, and for the information), and we've moved back here while DH finishes his dissertation. There aren't many babywearers out here! (Or cloth diaperers, extended breastfeeders, etc. either.) It's lovely to 'meet' you!
Simone mit Henry (10. Februar 2010)
JaNiNis-Mom

Beitrag von JaNiNis-Mom »

MotherBhaer hat geschrieben:
moosmutzel hat geschrieben:Hey, I am new here. I live in a small town in Southwest Kansas. I am in the States since 2003. We just had out first little guy in November. My husband is a teacher and I am trying to finish a Dissertation and Substitute teach - oh how much I wished I could stay home with the baby. We were sick last week and my sitter was out of town and I really really enjoyed the time with the baby.

Hello from central Kansas! :) I'm from Kansas originally (just joined SuT to work on my German, and for the information), and we've moved back here while DH finishes his dissertation. There aren't many babywearers out here! (Or cloth diaperers, extended breastfeeders, etc. either.) It's lovely to 'meet' you!
..... and I'm a little further West, in Colorado (near Colorado Springs) :D
Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“