suse's cover or mam?

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Antworten
ozzilaus
ist gern hier dabei

suse's cover or mam?

Beitrag von ozzilaus »

hey lovely peeps, got a question about carry covers, i already asked in the german corner but sadly no one spoke up for suse;s .... might be possible that mam is just more popular in germany so i am hoping someone here is able to tell me some about the one from suse.

much appreciated.
mit Peanut 05 '08, rote Bohne 08 '09 und Shrimp 10 '12

Geschenke Gottes, geliebt, gestillt, getragen
Carlotta
alter SuT-Hase

Re: suse's cover or mam?

Beitrag von Carlotta »

Hi Ozzilaus,

sorry, my answer comes a bit late - but here it comes anyway :-)

I have the Suses 3 in 1 - but don't know the Mam, so I cannot really compare. I used the cover for approx. 3/4 year, from spring to winter. I liked it for its functionality. the fit is not really great - I have the S, and I'm totaly a 36/S type, but the Suses S is really huge and a real unisex fit - so not really sexy ;-) but with a baby on your back it looks cute :-). I used it mostly to carry on my back with a Manduca - I found it really good for it. One exception: I couldn't put on the rain hoody for the baby myself, I needed help for it. It is not made for heavy rain, but for normal it works. I once came in real heavy rain and on the sleeves the water came through - baby was dry, though.
For real winter it is not warm enough, I think. But I'm also a frosty type ;-). I think when you put a real warm woollen sweater underneath it could work - but I used it only till 0 degrees, I was afraid of slipping when carrying in real snow etc.
The workmanship is rather poor, I bought it 2nd hand so for me the price/value was ok.

So, sorry for my English, it's a bit rusted as I didn't youse it for a long time!

If you have further questions let me know!
Carlotta mit Räubertochter 2/12 und kleinem Schatz 12/14

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good!
ozzilaus
ist gern hier dabei

Beitrag von ozzilaus »

thanks dear, it seemes to me u are talking about a jacket, good to know anyway but actually been wondering about the suses baby cover.... must not have made myself clear ;') thanks for ur answer = better than just beeing ignored ;)
ur english is fine!

regards

Carlotta
alter SuT-Hase

Beitrag von Carlotta »

oh sorry :oops: :oops: yes, I was talking about the jacket... with the cover I don't have any experience...

hope someone will get back to you though!
Carlotta mit Räubertochter 2/12 und kleinem Schatz 12/14

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good!
ozzilaus
ist gern hier dabei

Beitrag von ozzilaus »

nevermind! so i went and bought the multicover from mam and i must say i am kinda hard to impress but this cover really did pass all my tests! its so well thought through and seems to be just perfect for me/us.
best wishes

Lola1982

Beitrag von Lola1982 »

Regarding your mam cover, can you use it on your back? Can you put the hood on your baby's head easily?
I'm looking for something for back carrying...
ozzilaus
ist gern hier dabei

Beitrag von ozzilaus »

yep, its good for back aswell, the hood is actually detached like a beanie that goes quite low down the neck in the back and in the front it closes with velcrow (?) so its all nicely kept warm.
sorry for my late reply but been rather busy.
i do have the multi and its been great so far no manko's nice n'lite in summer and the use as car/ buggy/ sleep cover is very well thought through... it keeps well in place and is of no discomfort for the carrier .
guess u see i still am loving my cover, and surely will do for much longer!
hope this helps

Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“