Online-program "English" ?

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Antworten
milkshake
Profi-SuTler

Online-program "English" ?

Beitrag von milkshake »

Hey!

Anyone know a good and preferably free online-program for kids to keep up English? Mainly looking for something playful to be used on a daily basis... (like 5 min. daily or so).

Any suggestions?

:D
Flieg, geliebte Susi, flieg!
Bild

°°° Wird's besser? Wird's schlimmer? fragt man alljährlich. Seien wir ehrlich: Leben ist immer lebensgefährlich! (Erich Kästner) °°°
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Re: Online-program "English" ?

Beitrag von coccolone »

Do you mean English online games? If so, perhaps something like pbskids.org might be an option for your daughter? It's a US website with lots of online games, printable activities, etc.

Shame you live so far away. I'm sure our son would like an English-speaking play buddy, too.
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
milkshake
Profi-SuTler

Beitrag von milkshake »

coccolone hat geschrieben:Do you mean English online games? If so, perhaps something like pbskids.org might be an option for your daughter? It's a US website with lots of online games, printable activities, etc.

Shame you live so far away. I'm sure our son would like an English-speaking play buddy, too.
Yes, it would be so great to get together! :D

Guess I am not really sure what I am looking for yet. :lol: Online games usually consume much more time than only 5 min. I want to limit the computer time a bit but still do something fun with her. Do you know of any game to learn how to read in English (for kids)? Do you do computer games with your son?
Bild

°°° Wird's besser? Wird's schlimmer? fragt man alljährlich. Seien wir ehrlich: Leben ist immer lebensgefährlich! (Erich Kästner) °°°
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

milkshake hat geschrieben: Yes, it would be so great to get together! :D
Definitely! :D

milkshake hat geschrieben:Guess I am not really sure what I am looking for yet. :lol: Online games usually consume much more time than only 5 min. I want to limit the computer time a bit but still do something fun with her. Do you know of any game to learn how to read in English (for kids)? Do you do computer games with your son?
Hmm, not really apart from a few online games. We like the British Cbeebies website. The Alphablocks game is great for learning how to read. But yes, online games do usually take up more time than 5 mins. :roll: :lol:
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

Just a thought: how about audio CDs? Our son loves listening to stories, in English of course. ;) Perhaps your daughter would too?
milkshake
Profi-SuTler

Beitrag von milkshake »

coccolone hat geschrieben:
milkshake hat geschrieben: We like the British Cbeebies website. The Alphablocks game is great for learning how to read.
Will definitely check this one out, thanks! :D

And yes, audio cds are great! Where do you buy them? I sometimes buy them at jokers...
Bild

coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

We tend to get them when we're in London. Books as well. ;)
Vreni
ist mit Leidenschaft dabei

Beitrag von Vreni »

Take a look at this web site for enhancing English reading: http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/Reading/ (I saw it being recommended somewhere else; haven't tried it with my kids.)
Schöne Grüße
von der Vreni (11/1983) mit Löwensohn (12/2007), Löwentochter (08/2009) und Erdbeerbaby (31.05.2014)

Pflanzenkost Blog
Thistle
alter SuT-Hase

Beitrag von Thistle »

Hm...I just try to generally expose the kids to as much English as possible - we read English books, the few videos Soph watches are CBeebies or Sesame Street ones, our family language is English and I'm currently trying to set up regular playdates with other bilingual kids. Hard work, this bilingualism lark. :D
Bean (05/08) & Sweet Pea (12/11)
milkshake
Profi-SuTler

Beitrag von milkshake »

coccolone hat geschrieben:We tend to get them when we're in London. Books as well. ;)
Hihi. :lol: Too far for me right now. But there is always ama*zon, right? :mrgreen:
Vreni hat geschrieben:Take a look at this web site for enhancing English reading: http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/Reading/ (I saw it being recommended somewhere else; haven't tried it with my kids.)
Thanks! I''ll take a look...
Thistle hat geschrieben:Hm...I just try to generally expose the kids to as much English as possible - we read English books, the few videos Soph watches are CBeebies or Sesame Street ones, our family language is English and I'm currently trying to set up regular playdates with other bilingual kids. Hard work, this bilingualism lark. :D
Thats what we try to do too. Since her dad lives abroad its kind of difficult at times, there is always that distance-and time-difference-problem. But skype helps - at least once a week! :D
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“