What is your favourite carrier right now?

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Gast

Re: What is your favourite carrier right now?

Beitrag von Gast »

Oh, I trust my wraps, I just don't trust myself without a mirror :). Plus, when I put my kid in the Manduca, she is on my back in 15 seconds. Wrapping takes a little longer, and I get nervous if other people start staring at me, and then I get sloppy. I know, I shouldn't care about other people, but when I wrap in public, I feel like I'm "performing" or something like that....
AnnickM
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von AnnickM »

I trust my wraps, I just don't trust myself in public without a mirror :). In the manduca, I can get my child on my back in 15 seconds. With wrapping, it takes a little longer, and I always get the feeling that people start staring. And then I get nervous, so my wrapping gets sloppy. Front wrapping outside is no problem, but with wrapping on my back I always feel like I'm "performing" (and I have terrible stagefright!)
Aus Belgien (sorry für mein schlechtes Deutsch :) )
Angua
ist mit Leidenschaft dabei

Beitrag von Angua »

AnnickM hat geschrieben:I trust my wraps, I just don't trust myself in public without a mirror :). In the manduca, I can get my child on my back in 15 seconds. With wrapping, it takes a little longer, and I always get the feeling that people start staring. And then I get nervous, so my wrapping gets sloppy. Front wrapping outside is no problem, but with wrapping on my back I always feel like I'm "performing" (and I have terrible stagefright!)
So I suppose it's not just a matter of getting more practice with wrapping on your back? Or where do you see a difference between front wrapping and on the back? That front wrapping is seen more often than on the back?

I've barely been outside with my newborn, so I have no idea how people might stare, I'm just curious (and I was hoping I might help by making you feel less self-conscious.)
Die Große 11/2014
Der Kleine 12/2017

Herzliche Einladung zum Nähwochenende bei Stuttgart!
AnnickM
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von AnnickM »

Wrapping in the front is seen more often in my country (Belgium). I see a lot of babies in stretchy wraps or Babybjorns. Plus, I can pretie most of the front carries, so when I get out of the car, I can pop my baby in and start walking (adjusting while walking). When you are swinging your baby onto your back in a parking lot, you get stares :). Sometimes the good kind of stares ("waw, I've got to learn how to do that"), sometimes the bad kind ("Is she crazy, that looks so dangerous" or the worst: "What does she think, that she's in Africa or something"). I try not to let it bother me, but inside I'm thinking: "I've got to hurry up!" or "Man, this would be the worst time to drop my baby" or "My ruck has to be absolute perfection now". Ah well, maybe I just need to work on my confidence ;). Thank you for your kind words!
Aus Belgien (sorry für mein schlechtes Deutsch :) )
Angua
ist mit Leidenschaft dabei

Beitrag von Angua »

You're welcome :-)

Maybe just seeing you will give other mothers (and fathers) the confidence to wrap on the back as well :-)
Die Große 11/2014
Der Kleine 12/2017

Herzliche Einladung zum Nähwochenende bei Stuttgart!
Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“