Anyone living in India?

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Antworten
metri
ist mit Leidenschaft dabei

Anyone living in India?

Beitrag von metri »

Hi,
I might have the opportunity to go to india with my current job for one year. Anyone from here living there with kids? I have lived in India for 3 months about 12 years ago, without children I would go, but I'm unsure now...
LG von Elina mit Tochter Amelie (04/08)
butterflying_73
Herzlich Willkommen

Re: Anyone living in India?

Beitrag von butterflying_73 »

Hi Elina,

i'm not living in india now. i've been living there for 4 years between 2005 and 2009 though without kids ;-)
so i won't be of big help. my thoughts on this are mainly that it really depends a lot on where you would live.
as you probably know, no part of india is like the other. you fly from the north to kerala in the very south and you think you're in another country.
if i were in your situation i would probably not choose to live in delhi with my kids and not in bihar either but i would think that some areas could be fine.

i know german families who have brought up kids in india...and i met travellers who travelled for years with kids around amelie's age and they seemed to have loads of fun.
it could be quite an adventure for her at this age! i think this is like the last chance as it becomes more complicated once they are a bit older and going to school. then i wouldn't move them around anymore.

i hope i could help a little bit...

stefanie
LG, Stefanie & Sebastian

BildBild
metri

Beitrag von metri »

it would be Bangalore and my company would take care about adequate housing and everything
butterflying_73
Herzlich Willkommen

i haven't been to bangalore. what would amelie be doing all day while you're at work? who's going to take care of her?
LG, Stefanie & Sebastian

BildBild
metri

Beitrag von metri »

my partner would take care about here :D
butterflying_73
Herzlich Willkommen

sounds great. has he been to india? at the end of the day it's a lot about how well he's doing in a country which is so different from where we're coming from. i think i would just go for it. it's just one year and it could turn out to be an amazing experience for all of you. but that's just me...not knowing you, your partner or amelie. ;-)
LG, Stefanie & Sebastian

BildBild
metri

Beitrag von metri »

thanks for all your feedback, my partner luckily belongs to those kind of people that always will find something to do they are interested in, he has not been to india before but he is adapting easily, and Amelie would be fine as long as we are around,
There are some reorganizations going on in my company and they might look for people going to India for a year, I just wanted to know, what I will answer in case someone would ask me, but perhaps no-one will ask, which would be OK too
coccolone
Power-SuTler

Beitrag von coccolone »

MamaIndia, as her name suggests ;) , lives in India. Why don't you send her message?
"You can't start a new chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one."
Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“