Wow it is so quiet here!

For all parenting topics or issues related to breastfeeding, babywearing, gentle and respectful support, babysleep, childcare, etc.
Antworten
Femke
gut eingelebt

Re: Wow it is so quiet here!

Beitrag von Femke »

Welcome June! Where are you from?
ISO Girasol love
June
Dipl.-SuT

Re: AW: Wow it is so quiet here!

Beitrag von June »

Germany :-) But my daughter is being raised bilingually :-)

Ich beherrsche meine Muttersprache - Rechtschreib- und Tippfehler sind akuten Anfällen von Smartphonitis geschuldet ;-)
2010 & 2019

*1/2018 & *3/2018
Femke
gut eingelebt

Beitrag von Femke »

In Germany there are several bilingual schools, right? I read a book from a German mama, married to an Italian, and she wrote about an Italian school somewhere in Germany. I wish we had something like that here too :).
ISO Girasol love
June
Dipl.-SuT

Re: AW: Wow it is so quiet here!

Beitrag von June »

Yes, there are! I work at a Waldorf school which is not bilingual as such. However, children are taught English from class 1 onwards. If it turns out that we are moving to Berlin, I will certainly send my daughter to Kennedy school and kindergarten. My boyfriend is American so I do not only want her to learn the language but get used to the culture, too.

Ich beherrsche meine Muttersprache - Rechtschreib- und Tippfehler sind akuten Anfällen von Smartphonitis geschuldet ;-)
2010 & 2019

*1/2018 & *3/2018
csoki
ist gern hier dabei

Beitrag von csoki »

Am I the only one here these days? :(
niano
ist gern hier dabei

Beitrag von niano »

I'm here occasionally. It's usually not much happening here unfortunately.
Sweetpea
ist mit Leidenschaft dabei

Beitrag von Sweetpea »

I'm not a native speaker, but I raise my son billingual.

He was born last November and this is my first post here, because I'm so excited that there is such a thing as an "English corner". :)

 Tippfehler gibt es vom IPhone gratis [MOUSE FACE]
mit Sternchen im Herzen (9.SSW/Dez'11) und baby boy fest an der Hand (Nov 2012) und Minnie auf dem Arm (Mai 2014)

Bild Bild
Pupu
Dipl.-SuT

Beitrag von Pupu »

Well, what's there to say? ;) I guess that's just the biggest problem. If someone comes along, asking a question or seeking advice or exchange in this corner of the forum because they don't speak German so well, I'm sure there'll be lots of people who'll gladly answer. But it's hard to imagine German people writing here of their own initiative of there's something on their mind. It's just easier to ask in a more specific way in the German part of the forum. Easier to spell out what you mean and more likeliness to get a response.

I think if more international mamas took the initiative to ask specific questions here, there'd be active exchange about those matters :) The nonspecific stuff is harder.
Lg aus Finnland von Pupu mit Wildgurke 🥒 (02/09), Quatschbanane 🍌 (08/11) und zwei Minimöhrchen 🥕🥕 (07/17)

"I'm not procrastinating. I'm doing side quests!"
Leah_Lion
Dipl.-SuT

Beitrag von Leah_Lion »

Sweetpea hat geschrieben:I'm not a native speaker, but I raise my son billingual.
YES? Have you read my blog about intentional bilingualism yet ;)?

Also - I am ready to hang out here with non German speakers if you wish. I just never made it here before.... I guess the problem really is that German speakers don't feel the need to come to this part of the community and check out what's going on ;)...
Leah mit großem Sohni (12/09) - und
Bild
"Man kann in Kinder nichts hineinprügeln, aber vieles herausstreicheln." Astrid Lindgren
Majka
Herzlich Willkommen

Beitrag von Majka »

Or those of us who have replied forget to check the forum for a really long time. Oops!
Deutsch ist nicht meine muttersprache :)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Parenting Chat“